In this modern world, the major part of our communication depends on various internet-based virtual messaging apps. These are truly a blessing for humankind. If you are a regular user of these apps, then you may not make a list of those without mentioning Telegram!
This amusing app is used and loved by millions of smartphone and similar device users all over the world. But that was the scenario till now! The developers of the app amplified its comfort and usability by launching this incredible app for desktops and laptop computers. Today, I am going to discuss how to download telegram for windows and mac.
What Is Telegram?
Telegram is a cloud-based messaging and file-sharing software. It let you chat, voice and video call (VoIP), share audio, video, image and several other types of file with others. This cross-platform uses an end-to-end encryption system to keep your communication and sharing secure.
Telegram is now officially available for android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Linux operating systems. In one word, it keeps connected with others from anywhere, with any computer or smartphones. It offers features more than most other similar-type applications and still a compact app for most devices.
How to Download and install Telegram For Desktop PC?
Step 1: First, go to any browser and visit https://desktop.telegram.org
Step 2: Now you will see 4 download buttons. Here click telegram for windows.
Step 3: Now a new tab will open and you may be asked to allow to save and the location to save.
Step 4: Click save and you will see the download will start.
Step 5: After the download, go to the download folder and open the .exe file.
Step 6: Here select language and allow other permission and click install. When the installation is done click finish.
How to Set Up Telegram ID on your Desktop PC?
Here you will see two options to sign in to your Telegram Desktop PC account.
Option 1: Log in using your phone number
Setting up your telegram Id on your pc is so easy. But here you need your mobile for once. Let’s see the method.
1. Open the Telegram Software. Click on the “START MESSAGING” button.
2. As you Select Your Country and Phone number click the continue.
3. Now you will get a verification code on your Mobile Device.
4. Write it on the verification code box and Enter it.
5. Now set up the first and last name, photo and continue to your telegram ID.
Option 2: Quick login using QR code
To log into Telegram For PC you’ll need to scan the QR code from your mobile telegram app. Make sure you’ve also downloaded the telegram app on your Android Mobile.
Step 1. Open the Telegram app on your Mobile phone.
Step 2. Go to Settings >> Devices >> and Tap on scan QR, you’ll be able to scan this QR code on your phone screen. And you’ll be logged in just like that
How to Download and install Telegram on Mac?
1. Open any browser and go to the official website of Telegram.
2. Now click the download button “Telegram for MacOs” button.
3. Now when the download is done, go to the download folder.
4. Click the downloaded .exe file and complete the further installation process. Click finish and telegram is on your Mac.
How to Use Telegram Desktop On Your Windows and Mac?
If you ever use Telegram on the smartphone, then you may know how user-friendly and simple-looking this app is. On Windows or Mac, you will also have a similar user experience. Follow these steps to use telegram on Windows and Mac hassle-free.
1. Go to the browser of your computer and visit their official website https://desktop.telegram.org and click download to download the app for your Windows or Mac-operated computer.
2. When the download completes, run the ‘.exe‘ file to install Telegram on your desktop/laptop. Installing process is very straightforward and similar to other installation processes.
3. Launch the ‘Telegram Desktop’ app for the first time and click on ‘start Messaging’. Then the app will ask for your phone number and country. Or you can click ‘Login using QR code’ if you already used the app on your smartphone and want to connect it via QR scan.
4. Afterward, the organization will send you an OTP (one-time-password) on the provided phone number. Copy it on your computer.
5. You will see a messaging interface on your screen. On the left, you will find the list of the recently chatted friends and the right area will show you the full conversation. You can click on any person’s name and chat with him just like the smartphone’s one!
6. You can also click on the ‘three lines’ icon to create a group, change the theme or access the setting to modify many things.
- A light app that works on almost every current-versions of operating systems.
- Provide security with an end-to-end encryption system.
- Voice and video call through the internet with good security.
- Let you share various files with friends or groups.
- Chat is much faster than other apps.
- Consume a moderate level of internet.
- Let you modify the app interface according to your taste.
- Should add regionally-based stickers.
- Not allowed in all countries.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Is there a desktop app for telegram?
Is downloading telegram is illegal?
Which is safer telegram or WhatsApp?
Both of them are safe. But I think WhatsApp is safer because the Signal’s security of WhatsApp is better than Telegram. If you want to know how to download WhatsApp web for PC and Mac then click the link.
Can someone track me on telegram?
Telegram is one of the finest, fastest, and secure messaging platforms you can find. Now, this app is accessible from almost all types of desktop and smartphone you may have. It really makes this app much more usable while traveling and when you are not with your own smartphone. In this article, I have discussed the complete guideline to download it on your laptop and mac. Follow the steps carefully and you will face no problem in downloading, installing, and using it.